This Instant Pot Turkey Chili Soup Recipe is a healthy soup packed with protein, sweet potatoes, beans, veggies, and, most importantly, flavor!
One of my favorite parts of the Instant Pot is that you can just throw in all of the ingredients and walk away. No watched pots, no worrying about it boiling over, no babysitting the stove.
This is one of those Instant Pot dump recipes!
Chopping the ingredients is the hardest part. Then it’s just tossing it all in, setting the timer, and walking away.
Why Is It Called Chili Soup?
Only because it’s thinner than traditional chili but has all of the flavors and many of the ingredients in typical chili recipes.
I’m all about recipes explaining accurately what you’ll be making, so I wanted to be as clear as possible!
Want To Make It Thicker Like Traditional Stew?
You can either use less broth or, when it’s done cooking, turn it to saute mode and let it thicken while some of the liquid boils off.
It does thicken a bit more when you refrigerate it for leftovers (this recipe makes amazing leftovers).
How To Make Instant Pot Turkey Chili Soup
First, using the saute mode on your Instant Pot, cook your ground turkey and onions.
Next, dump in all of the rest of the ingredients except for the corn.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it’s a great way to eat the rainbow! You have white onions, red peppers, green peppers, orange sweet potatoes, tomatoes…all kinds of healthy, flavorful veggies!
Once you have all of your ingredients in your pot, just close the lid. You don’t need to worry about stirring. All of those flavors will meld just like we want them to!
Pressure cook on high for 8 minutes (and remember, it’ll take extra time for your pot to come to pressure).
When the cooking time is complete, carefully open the valve to quick release the pressure.
This is my favorite part of the process because it’s when your kitchen will be filled with all kinds of amazing smells!
Now pour in the frozen corn kernels and stir it all up. Add the lid back on for another 5 minutes or so until the kernels are warm.
That’s it! It’s ready to serve.
This is a really flavorful, filling healthy soup, making it the perfect comfort food for cold Fall & Winter days.
What To Serve With Turkey Chili Soup
This is a pretty filling soup all on its own, so it really doesn’t need many (or any!) sides, but if you want to fill out the meal, here are a few suggestions.
Looking For More Healthy Soup Recipes?
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups chopped sweet potatoes (about 2 medium potatoes)
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can no salt added black beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- Using the sauté button on your Instant Pot, sauté the onion and ground turkey, breaking up the turkey as it cooks, until meat is no longer pink.
- Press the cancel button.
- Add the broth and use a spoon to scrape off food that may have stuck to the bottom of the insert (this helps to prevent the “Burn” notice).
- Add all of the remaining ingredients except for corn. Don’t stir (don’t worry, it’ll all mix together and cook just fine).
- Put the lid Instant Pot on your Instant Pot, making sure the valve is set to “Sealing”.
- Cook on manual (high) pressure for 8 minutes. Remember, it will take time for your pot to come to pressure before the timer will begin counting down. It typically takes my pot 10-15 minutes to come to pressure for this recipe, but it will depend on your altitude and the temperature of your ingredients.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, quick release the pressure.
- Carefully open your Instant Pot, stir in the frozen corn, and put the lid back on for 5 minutes or until the corn is heated through.
Serving Size: 1/8th (~2 cups)
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 307Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 667mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 12gSugar: 9gProtein: 21g