These Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are made so much quicker than the oven, making it the perfect healthy recipe for your weekly meal prep.
Sweet Potato Benefits
- Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin C and vitamin A.
- They bring a powerful punch of antioxidants (great for fighting disease and the effects of aging!).
- They are anti-inflammatory (again, great for overall health and fighting disease).
- They are high in fiber, which means even though they are starchy, they won’t spike your blood sugar and insulin levels.
- They have more than twice the amount of potassium as bananas, which means they help to regulate your blood pressure.
- They are great for weight loss! Because they are so high in fiber, they are a filling starch that can actually increase your fat burning after a meal.
All of these benefits make it a great healthy recipe to add to your weekly meal prep and your Instant Pot makes it as easy as it can be!
Step-By-Step Instructions – How To Make Sweet Potatoes In Your Instant Pot
These sweet potatoes are so easy to make in your Instant Pot and a delicious and nutritious dish to make a part of your healthy lifestyle.
Gather your sweet potatoes, then scrub them.
Using a fork, puncture each sweet potato 5-6 times to allow steam to escape.
Pour water into your Instant Pot, insert your trivet, then place your sweet potatoes inside.
Here, I am using a 6-quart DUO Plus Instant Pot.
Close your lid, make sure the valve is set to sealing, then set your machine to high pressure for 30 minutes.
These sweet potatoes were quite large and the diameter of your potato will affect your cooking time. If yours are much smaller, you can lower the cooking time.
When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
Now you can serve the sweet potato however you like!
You can serve them like a baked sweet potato, topping them with a small pat of butter, fresh parsley, and a sprinkling of salt.
You can also serve them sweet instead of savory by adding a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
Add grilled chicken and barbecue sauce or a ground turkey sloppy joe mix for a loaded sweet potato.
If you are trying to lose weight, just be careful not to go crazy with your toppings!
The potato flesh comes away from the skin very easily, making it my favorite way to cook sweet potatoes that I will be using for mashed sweet potatoes.
- 4-6 sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 cup water
- Using a fork, puncture each sweet potato 5-6 times.
- Pour water into your instant pot and place the trivet inside.
- Place the sweet potatoes inside.
- Make sure that the valve is set to “Sealing”, select high pressure, and set the timer to 30 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pot naturally release for 10 minutes, then move the valve to “Venting” to do a quick release of the remaining pressure.
- When the pressure has completely released and the pin has dropped, open the lid and carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the pot.
- Serve as desired.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points: 3 points per ½ cup potatoes
Pin This Recipe For Later