A wonderful gift for any mother is encouragement from God’s Word. Celebrate her by sharing 34 Bible verses for Mother’s Day with her.
There are so many ways that you can show your appreciation on Mother’s Day, whether that is through breakfast in bed, a bouquet of flowers, or baking some of her favorite treats for her.
Though these are great ways to celebrate the mothers in our lives, and those who have played the role of mother and caretaker in our lives. There is nothing quite like biblical encouragement, and loving words from Scripture.
Whether you want to include it in a text message, inside a Mother’s Day card or want to share it with her in person, these Bible verses are great for Mother’s Day.
34 Bible Verses for Mother’s Day
1. Proverbs 31:26 – She Speaks With Wisdom
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
2. Psalm 127:3 – Children Are A Heritage From the Lord
Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.
3. Proverbs 31:25 -She Is Clothed With Strength and Dignity
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
4. Isaiah 66:13 – As A Mother Comforts Her Child
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.
5. Proverbs 22:6 – Start Children Off On the Way They Should Go
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.
6. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 – The Qualities Of Love
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
7. Proverbs 1:8-9 – Do Not Forsake Your Mother’s Teaching
Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.
8. Psalm 139:13-14 – Your Knit Me Together In My Mother’s Womb
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
9. Proverbs 31:28-29 – Her Children Call Her Blessed
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: “Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.”
10. Proverbs 6:20-22 – Do Not Forsake Your Mother’s Teaching
My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you.
11. 1 Peter 3:3-6 – The Unfading Beauty Of A Gentle and Quiet Spirit
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.
Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.
They submitted themselves to their own husbands, like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her lord. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.
12. Proverbs 17:6 – Parents Are the Pride Of Their Children
Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.
13. John 16:21 – Joy That A Child Is Born Into the World
A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
14. 1 Samuel 1:27-28 – I Prayed For This Child
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.
15. 1 Corinthians 13:13 – But The Greatest Of These Is Love
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
16. Colossians 3:24 – It Is the Lord Christ You Are Serving
Since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
17. 3 John 1:4 – No Greater Joy
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
18. Titus 2:3-5 -Teach the Older Women To Be Reverent In the Way They Live
Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.
Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
19. Proverbs 23:22-24 – Do Not Despise Your Mother When She Is Old
Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old. Buy the truth and do not sell it — wisdom, instruction and insight as well. The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.
20. Deuteronomy 4:9 -Teach Them To Your Children
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.
21. 2 Timothy 1:5 – Your Sincere Faith
I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
22. Philippians 4:12-13 – I Can Do All Things Through Christ
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
23. Proverbs 24:3 – By Wisdom A House Is Built
By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established.
24. Galatians 5:22-23 – The Fruit Of the Spirit
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
25. Romans 8:28 -All Things Works For The Good Of Those Who Love Him
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
26. Joshua 24:15 – We Will Serve the Lord
But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
27. Psalm 23:6 – Goodness and Love Will Follow You
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
28. Ephesians 6:1-3 – Honor Your Father and Mother
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”— which is the first commandment with a promise — “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
29. Romans 8:38-39 – Nothing Can Separate Us From God’s Love
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
30. Proverbs 14:1 – The Wise Woman Builds Her House
The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
31. Genesis 21:1-3 – The Lord’s Grace
Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised. Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. Abraham gave the name Isaac to the son Sarah bore him.
32. Galatians 6:9 – Don’t Become Weary In Doing Good
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
33. Philippians 4:8 – Think About Such Things
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable — if anything is excellent or praiseworthy — think about such things.
34. Isaiah 40:31 – Those Who Hope In the Lord Will Renew Their Strength
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.