Looking for birthday party ideas in Chicago? Then we’ve got you covered. The windy city is home to tons of amazing things to do. Restaurants, bars, and parks – you name it.
But for your birthday, you want to do something extra special and memorable to mark the occasion. Luckily, that’s what we at Peerspace specialize in. As the largest online marketplace for hourly venue rentals, we make it easy to find and rent unique spaces near you. Along with connecting you to amazing venues that provide all of the space, style, and amenities you need, we also strive to help inspire your party planning.
So to spark your creativity, here are 12 fun Chicago birthday ideas to take your special day to the next level.
1. Book a private Peerspace
If you want to give your birthday party an upgrade, try booking a Peerspace venue to elevate the occasion. You can find tons of aesthetic and unique party venues across the city, then rent them by the hour for as long as you want.
As an example, party venues you can book in Chicago include:
- This rustic loft that’s dripping with string lights, boasts an open industrial layout, provides furnishings, and has a BYOB policy
- This gorgeous exposed brick open space with lots of light in West Town with tables, chairs, speakers, a kitchen, and optional decor packages
- This captivating corner penthouse with lake and city views in the heart of the Chicago Loop with 2,000 square feet of space to enjoy
- This modern urban Lincoln Park event space with two floors, a chef’s kitchen, a full bar, a live wall, and a SONOS sound system
And that’s just a taste. All spaces are operated by locals who strive to ensure your time in their venue is perfect. In fact, you can reach out to them before and during your booking with any questions or requests and they’ll help in any way they can.
Head to Peerspace now, and explore the possibilities.
Chicago sits on the shores of Lake Michigan. But have you ever ventured out into the lake for a cruise?
Try embarking on a dinner cruise of Lake Michigan to celebrate the day. You can gain a whole new perspective on the city while you enjoy gourmet dinner on the water — and maybe sip a cocktail or two while you’re at it.
3. Schedule a wine tasting
Chicago is a foodie’s paradise. So, if you enjoy sampling the finer things in life, why not schedule a wine tasting for your birthday?
You could head to:
- The City Winery: With two locations at the Riverwalk and Randolph Street, the City Winery is one of Chicago’s premier wine-tasting experiences. You can sample the winery’s best wares with private tastings led by a knowledgeable tour guide.
- The Fromagerie and Tasting Room: Want to sample cheese with your wine? At the Fromagerie and Tasting Room, you can sample a rotating selection of wines from across the globe and artisanal meats and cheeses.
- The Wild Blossom Meadery and Winery: Want to try something new instead of wine? Alongside their wine selections, Wild Blossom offers daily tastings of mead — a sweet alcohol made from fermented honey. The recipe dates back nearly 8,000 years. It’s an awesome Chicago birthday idea for wine lovers and history buffs.
You can also book this Near North Side historical landmark through Peerspace. It is a gorgeous lounge with beautiful decor and lighting and mesmerizing views. Not to mention an amazing wine list and friendly staff to personalize your experience.
Love the idea of starting a new year with gorgeous portraits? Then you need to see these studio photoshoot ideas in Chicago, too!