If you are overweight, you may be wondering if it’s possible to get the Best Treadmills for Heavier Runners. A heavy-duty treadmill will provide a great home workout session, no matter your size or weight. In this review we discuss the Treadmill 350 pound Weight Capacity with wider belt comfortable for heavy people.
They should have an impact and shock absorbers on the running surface. This ensures that you do not experience shock on the sensitive joints such as knees, ankles, and hips.
If you are a big guy who is searching for the best heavy duty treadmills, we have got you covered. We have reviewed the best treadmills for heavy-duty use. We have made the choices depending on features such as maximum speed, maximum weight, size of the running surface, and the motor horsepower.
Top 6 Best Treadmill 350 pound Weight Capacity:
After spending over 24 hours researching the best treadmills for heavy persons, we settled on these 6 options.
If you are searching for a well-built and stable treadmill, one of the options you may want to consider is the Bowflex BXT216 treadmill. The unit comes with a powerful motor, spacious running path, and an interactive console that is easy to program.
The unit also features controls for elevation and speed on an easy to read main display.
The controls on the lower handle are a great addition as they can be very helpful when running hard. To help you vary the workout intensity, it features a motorized incline that can be adjusted by 15%. At the bottom of the treadmill are several racks that you can use to keep your phone, towel, drinks, and much more. The unit also comes with a built-in fan that has variable speeds.
Assembling the treadmill is easy and should not take you more than 20 minutes. The only part that is a bit challenging is dragging the base/deck across the basement floor. After assembly, the unit is easy to fold up and down. This is because it comes with clear instruction manuals and all the tools you need for the assembly.
- Solid and well-built
- Easy to assemble
- Wide running surface
- Max User Weight: 400 lbs
With its slow acceleration, the unit is not the best choice for doing quick intervals. However, it’s still a great choice for beginner heavy runners and those training for distance running. The unit comes with programmed workouts and fitness tips that will help you reach your workout goals. If you are not ready to use the programmed workout, you can create and save your desired workouts.
The treadmill will also track if you are making improvements and provide feedback. It comes with soft and responsive buttons that are within reach. Overall, this is a smooth and user-friendly treadmill that is worth considering.
The XTERRA Fitness TRX3500 Folding Treadmill is another heavy-duty treadmill that is relatively easy to assemble. However, it requires a minimum of two people to assemble as the console requires the plugging of five wires before it’s bolted in place. You will require someone to hold the console for you when bolting and plugging in the wires. Once assembled, it’s easy to operate. It’s quiet to the point where you will feel your feet hitting the floor.
The treadmill weighs 195 lbs and is solid with little or no shaking. It features a 3.0HP motor that will power the treadmill at a speed of 0 to 12 mph. It comes with a heavy deck unit and, therefore, you should put it at the place where you plan to fix it. It is cushioned with extra soft cushion ensuring maximum impact absorption.
With the deck measuring 20” x 60”, the treadmill for heavy persons features a large running surface that provides ample room for heavy users of different fitness levels. With an extra length, the unit is a good choice for heavy runners. While the fold-up features work well, it doesn’t save a lot of space and doesn’t get completely vertical while on a folded position.
- Easy to assemble
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
- Poorly-made fan
- Very heavy
The treadmill features incline and speed control that is mounted at the handlebar, making it easy to change your workout intensity It comes with a bright blue LCD that tracks also the key workout parameters such as the time, pace, speed, incline, and much more.
With a 12% incline, it is the right choice for hilly areas simulation and power walking. Overall, the XTERRA Fitness TRX3500 Folding Treadmill is quality and smooth unit that is worth the money.
If you are searching for a super-powerful treadmill that feels like the commercial options, you should consider the LifeSpan TR4000i Folding Treadmill. The unit is very heavy and therefore, you should have it placed at your workout spot. Assembly is easy and you are likely to spend more time removing the deck from the box than assembling.
The gym equipment also comes with a wide range of programs to choose from weight loss to sports.
It has 3 dashboards (gauge view, track view, and graph view) allowing you to choose your preferred view. The console is easy to set up and has physical buttons that enable you to adjust the incline and speed in the middle of the run without having to reach out for the touch screen. However, the console is a bit simplistic as it doesn’t come with a lot of features.
The incline and speed shortcut buttons allow you to move from a speed of 3.0 to 4.0 to 5.0 to 6.0 with a single click. You will not need to keep pressing the up arrows on the acceleration or the incline key.
The treadmill comes with a powerful 3.25 horsepower and has a speed of up to 12mph. It features 13 incline levels and 2 decline levels. With a running surface of 20 x 60 inches, it’s one of the best treadmills for heavy runners. The surface handles compression shocks well providing a good level of comfort for the joints, knees, and back.
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to set up the console and use
- Good level of incline
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
The LifeSpan TR4000i Folding Treadmill is a well-built and solid treadmill that will compete well with the professional gym equipment. It is well-built and you will not experience any wobbling. The unit folds well, making it easy to store. Therefore, this is one of the best heavy-duty treadmills for home use.
If you are searching for the best heavy-duty treadmill with a thick belt, dual screens, and will provide you with additional information on your workout, you should consider the Nautilus Treadmill Series T618. This unit features a fully loaded console with 26 programs for heart rate, interval, weight loss, and much more. You can easily see your workout metrics using the dual-screen.
To enable you to track your workout progress, the treadmill allows for a Bluetooth connection that syncs with fitness tracking apps such as the Nautilus Trainer 2 app. While the Nautilus Trainer app looks simple, it keeps all the key details such as distance, calories, and much more.
With a motorized incline of 15% and dimensions of 20” x 60”, the equipment has a running track that is almost similar to that of the commercial gym equipment. The treadmill has a media tray that can hold up to 10 tablets. Included are 3 cables that can be used to plug in the included speakers. While the speakers perform well, they aren’t so great. While at their highest volume, the music will be over the sound of the treadmill.
The treadmill is relatively quiet. To make it quieter, you can place a mat below it. At the back of the control panel is a USB that you can use to charge your Mp3 players. The USB doesn’t seem to have enough power to charge a tablet.
- Wide range of programs
- Good incline level
- Weight Capacity: 350 lbs
The Nautilus Treadmill Series T618 is a heavy treadmill that will hardly save on space. The fold-up feature doesn’t seem to add any value. The unit features a wide range of programs: more than you will ever need. Overall, this is a good treadmill that is worth trying.
With a weight capacity of 350 lbs and a running surface that is 19.5 inches wide, the Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 Heavy Duty Walking Treadmill is a great choice for heavy runners. The unit also comes with a user-friendly quick button that enables you to reach your desired speed. At a maximum speed of 6 miles per hour, the treadmill is a great choice for walking and light jogging.
Despite its heavyweight, it’s easy to move the treadmill as it comes with transportation wheels. Therefore, you will not need to lift it highly, straining your muscles. The unit comes with a digital monitor screen that allows you to easily track your progress. You will easily see the distance and time covered, making it easy for you to achieve your fitness level.
The treadmill comes with a hydraulic mechanism that allows you to lower it gently to the floor. This ensures a hands-free folding and unfolding. The treadmill comes with quick speed buttons that are easy to read. It also has large and sturdy handrails that offer you the confidence to run faster.
- Smooth operation
- Easy to set up and use
- Maximum Weight: 350 pounds
- A bit sluggish when getting started
- Doesn’t recline
To ensure that you remain hydrated during your workout, the Sunny Health & Fitness T7643 Heavy Duty Walking Treadmill comes with big cup holders. It also features a tablet holder that you can use to keep your phone or tablets. While this is a good treadmill, the fact that it doesn’t have a recline option is one of its limitations.
The manufacturer would have made it better by including a heart rate monitor and handle controls. If these issues are a major concern for you, it may be advisable to find another option. But if all you need is a well built, quiet, and solidly-made treadmill, this unit will serve you well. All in all, this is a good treadmill that is worth the money.
It also comes with a stronger and more powerful motor. It has tonnes of programmable features that can help you tailor your workouts to meet your needs.
There is a speaker where you can attach your smartphones to enjoy the videos and music when running. To minimize the storage space, the unit folds up well.
With a width of 22”, the treadmill is long enough, making it comfortable for all runners. Even if you are tall and heavy, you don’t have to shorten your steps. It comes with a user-friendly LED display with large characters. The display panel has all the information you need without being overcrowded. Some of the information included are incline, speed, calories, distance traveled, pace, and pulse. The heart-rate control calculates your target range depending on your range. This ensures a safe and efficient workout. The console has a message board that shows the instructions and the feedback.
- Great incline
- Simple display
- Easy to set up
- Huge running surface
- Very heavy
- Instructions aren’t very clear
The treadmill’s incline is amazing. If you are searching for a machine that will work on your legs well, this is one of the options you need to consider. Setting up isn’t difficult even though you may need another pair of hands to help you with the lifting. Overall, this is one of the best treadmills for a heavy person.
The benefits of buying such treadmills for heavy persons
One of the best calorie burners out there is running. But is running on the treadmill safe for heavy people? Here are some reasons why running on a treadmill is good for heavy people.
- Good for burning calories. You can burn about 100 calories per mile. The heavier you are, the harder it is to run, and therefore the more calories you will burn. For heavy persons, even walking will help you to burn calories. With calorie-burning programs, treadmills are a great choice for weight loss. They offer you a routine that will help you lose weight.
- Fewer chances of injury. Another reason why a treadmill is a good choice for heavy users is that it’s kinder to the joints as compared to running outdoors. The units come with a user-friendly belt and are cushioned to make each step easier as compared to running outdoors. When running on a treadmill, you will not encounter hills and uneven surfaces that would cause injuries.
- Cost-effective. Buying a treadmill is more cost-effective as compared to joining a gym. Fitness experts suggest that buying a treadmill will have a payback of 2 years.
- Convenience. When you buy a treadmill, you will enjoy the convenience of working out from the comfort of your home. This way, you can easily make a habit of working out and you can easily save time.
- Flexibility. When running on the treadmill, you can be flexible with your workout times. You can decide to work out for 20 to 30 minutes a day when you have the time.
- Ability to multitask. When you are on a treadmill, you can read a book, watch the TV, or interact with your family members. Besides, all the family members will have time to work out on the treadmill keeping them fit
How to stay safe when running on a treadmill
If you are on the heavy side, you will want to ensure that you take it easy when working out on the treadmill. Remember that you will not see results immediately you start working out. By being slow and steady, you will finally win the race. You will get to a point where you will find exercising to be fun and you will see a great improvement in your workout goal.
While there is always room for flexibility, the majority of beginners are advised to follow a walk/ run plan while on the treadmill. If you are moderately overweight, this can be a good plan to follow. Your fitness level will determine the speed you can run at.
If you aren’t physically fit, you can just walk on the treadmill. When you find that your weight has dropped to the right level, you can include some running into your workout routine. Instead of running, another option is to include an incline. This way, you will still lose more calories as you will be using more effort.
Whether you are walking or running on a treadmill, you will need a good pair of running shoes. The shoes will provide you with a good amount of cushioning for the knee joints and ankle.
Factors to consider when choosing a treadmill for heavy persons
When searching for the best treadmill for heavy people, there are several factors you need to consider. These are:
- Weight capacity. You will need to ensure that the treadmill can withstand your weight. In most cases, the weight capacity is associated with build quality. Some units have a weight limit of 100 kgs, 160 kgs, and more.
- Budget. You will want to consider the amount you are ready to spend on a treadmill. In most cases, the easy to use, comfortable, and durable treadmills can be quite expensive. Remember that you are likely to get what you pay for.
- Motor type. Some treadmills come with dual motors, one motor or no motor. A good treadmill should have dual motors(One for the incline and another for the belt). When you choose a treadmill with a great motor, it means you will enjoy a great workout and have a durable treadmill. Therefore, be sure to choose a treadmill with a good motor.
- Size of the running area. A treadmill with a bigger running surface is good, especially for heavy persons. Choose an option with a running track that is long and wide enough to fit your strides. Bear in mind that the running surface can be as little as 80cm by 28 cm, which is on the smaller side for heavy persons. A good idea would be to choose an option that has a running surface of at least 100 cm by 40 cm.
- Shock absorption. This feature ensures that the treadmill absorbs much of the impact when the foot is hitting the ground. Choose a treadmill will a hood suspension system to reduce the force of the joints. This also helps to reduce the noise of the treadmill.
- Noise. Different treadmills have different noise levels. If you will be using the treadmill in an area where noise will be a nuisance, choose an option with a less noisy motor.
- Space. Space is also a key consideration. You will want to ensure that the unit fits in your space. If you have a shortage of space in your apartment, you should choose a foldable treadmill. After working out, you can easily tuck it away. If you aren’t limited on space, you should go for the non-folding treadmills
- Speed. When searching for treadmills choose one with a minimum speed of 10 mph.
- Incline or decline. The incline and decline features are good for simulating an outdoor environment. A good idea is to select a treadmill with an incline of at least 10%.
- Stability. Ensure you select a sturdy treadmill that doesn’t shake when working out. Generally, a heavy unit will shake less and will be more stable
- Control panels. Ensure that you select a treadmill with a simple and easily accessible control panel. This way, you will not struggle to reach it during your workouts.
Faqs on best treadmills for heavier runners
People often ask us the following questions.
# Do treadmills have a weight limit?
Yes. The majority of low priced models have a maximum weight of 200 to 300 lbs. On the other hand, the higher-end models have a weight limit of 300 to 500 lbs. These are more suitable for heavier persons.
# What is the weight of a treadmill?
Some treadmills weigh as little as 50 lbs while others weigh as much as 450 pounds.
# Which is better between a manual and an automatic treadmill?
Automatic treadmills are generally better as they run as fast as you are, have more incline, and enable you to maintain a steady space.
# What HP ( horsepower) should a treadmill have?
This will depend on your activity level. A 2.0 CHP (continuous horsepower) is a good choice for walking. If you will be jogging, find a treadmill that has a minimum CHP of 2.5. If you will be running, choose as much CHP as you can.
# Do treadmills use a lot of power?
No, they don’t use a lot of electricity. Running one for an hour should not cost you more than $1.
We have considered all the above factors in choosing the best 6 treadmills for heavy persons. With one of the above options, you can be assured of a unit that will last longer and will not wobble easily. All our 6 choices are well built and have the technology you need for your workout sessions.